Order this before 17:20 for sameday dispatch*
Need advice? Speak to a DrayTek expert.
Call Jon on 01908 760794
The DrayTek Vigor 2830 Triple WAN Router is the latest addition to the DrayTek's ADSL Router/Firewall family. Expanding on the popular Vigor 2820 series (winner of the PC Pro wireless router award for the past three years in a row), the Draytek Vigor 2830 series includes additional professional features such as VLAN tagging, Gigabit Ethernet, Triple-WAN and dual-band Wi-Fi (wireless models). The DrayTek Vigor 2830 Router offers truly comprehensive and unmatched ADSL connetivity and security.
- ADSL/ADSL2+, 3G and Broadband Router all in one solution.
- Triple-WAN ports for ADSL, cable modem and 3G (USB) which can be used simultaneously.
- V3 Firewall with huge flexibility.
- Four-Port Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch.
- Multiple Private LAN Subnets.
- User Password Access Control.
- Up to 50,000 simultaneous NAT sessions.
- Up to 4 VLANs (Port or IP based).
- Content Filtering (by matched keyword or data type).
- Globalview Web Filtering (See 'Accessories Tab').
- Ethernet and WiFi Virtual LAN segmentation (common/distinct).
- Configurable QoS Features (For traffic prioritisation).
- VPN Dial-in/dial-out with VPN hardware co-processor.
- Dual-Login Admin interface (user/admin).
- USB Port for Printer, Logs or 3G USB Modem.
Flexible Connectivity with ADSL or Cable Broadband
Compatible with all variants of ADSL (including ADSLMax, ADSL2+ and Annex M) the DrayTek Vigor 2830 can also be used for cable-modem and leased line applications thanks to its additional WAN port (Ethernet). A four port Gigabit switch on the LAN side provides high speed connectivity for your server or other local PCs, for the highest speed local data transfer.
Triple-WAN Load Balancing & Backup
As well as the primary ADSL interface, the DrayTek Vigor 2830 features a secondary Ethernet WAN port and a USB port for connection of a 3G modem. The Ethernet interface and can connect to a second ADSL modem, cable modem or any other Ethernet-based Internet feed. The secondary interfaces can be used either for WAN-Backup or load balancing.
The DrayTek Vigor 2830 Features WAN-Backup to provid contingency failover (redunancy) in case of your primary ADSL/Cable line or ISP suffering temporary outage, any Internet Traffic will be temporarily routed via the secondary Internet access. Internet Traffic will revert back to your normal ADSL/Cable service once connectivity is restored to your primary line
3G Cellular Data Features
The DrayTek Vigor 2830 USB port can host a compatible 3G modem or cellphone for access to the cellular network for full Internet Access. Most UK networks now provide high speed HSDPA data connections at up to 3.6Mb/s download speed. The 3G connection can be used as your primary/only Internet access, or as backup to your main ADSL line connection. This is not only ideal for homes or offices which don't want to pay fixed line + broadband rental, but also for temporary locations, or those to where fixed lines aren't available.
The Draytek Vigor 2830 and 3G USB modem setup is ideal for:
- Backup to your primary Internet feed (ADSL, cable etc.).
- Providing lower cost broadband than a fixed line solution.
- Areas without fixed line broadband access.
- Compatible with a wide range of 3G modems/phones.
- Temporary Locations.
- Mobile Homes.
- Locations on the move - coaches, trains.
- Fairgrounds and temporary exhibitions.
- Outdoor locations (the router and modem itself must be indoors!).
- Disaster Planning & High Availability.
Robust and Comprehensive Firewall
Security is taken seriously on the DrayTek Vigor 2830. The firewall features measures for protection against attacks including DoS (Denial of Service) attacks, IP-based attacks and access by unauthorised remote systems. Wireless, Ethernet and VPN are also protected by various protection systems. The latest ('Version 3') DrayTek object-based firewall allows even more setup flexibility than ever, enabling you to create combinations of users, rules and restrictions to suit multi-departmental organisations.
Content control features of the firewall allow you to set restrictions on web site access, blocking download of certain file or data types, blocking specific web sites, blocking IM/P2P applications or other potentially harmful or wasteful content. Using DrayTek's new GlobalView service, you can block whole categories of web sites (e.g. gambling, adult sites etc.), subject to an annual subscription to the Globalview server, which is continuously updated with new or changed site categorisations or sites which have become compromised (such as infected with Malware).
Network Attached Storage (NAS)
The DrayTek Vigor 2830's USB port can also be used to add storage memory to the unit in the form of a USB memory key (as shown right) or for higher capacity a USB hard drive (normally requires its own power). The DrayTek Vigor 2830 then provides FTP access file uploading/downloading which can be from the local LAN or from anywhere on the Internet - ideal for a simple to deploy file depository.
Access can be 'public' or using usernames and passwords, each of which can have their own directories and/or file access rights. As well as FTP, file sharing is available as a Windows 'network drive'. Using Internet Explorer, you can view the contents of the USB drive connected to the DrayTek Vigor 2830 and read or write files.