This is a request for a quote not an actual product. Please email email@example.com with the model number and level of support you require in order to get an accurate quote*.
*price advertised is not valid
Cisco SMARTnet and SMARTnet Onsite Components
Cisco Software Support
Cisco SMARTnet services help to ensure your network uptime and availability by providing software support for your covered Cisco devices. Cisco is committed to continuously improving and evolving Cisco IOS Software to address new opportunities and challenges. Included with your hardware purchase is a license for a current version of Cisco IOS Software, which is fundamental to Cisco hardware as it helps control numerous devices and network applications that power today's Internet. As the world's most widely deployed network operating system, Cisco IOS Software can provide operational efficiency and supports leading-edge IP and multiprotocol features, technologies, and standards.
Software support includes maintenance, minor, and major updates for your licensed feature set. Downloading new maintenance updates, patches, or updates of Cisco IOS Software can speed the time to problem resolution and enhance and extend the useful life of your Cisco devices. The application of major software updates can help you to increase the performance of your current network or add new functions that, in many cases, require no additional hardware investment. Available online through the Cisco IOS Software Library, Cisco IOS Software can deliver enhanced security, performance, and bandwidth management, as well as support for new protocols and enhanced interoperability.
This award-winning and industry-leading online support and information service includes a substantial database of product information and a robust set of technical and analytical tools that help facilitate knowledge transfer to your internal staff. Through registered access to Cisco.com, you can access the same knowledge bases used by Cisco TAC engineers. You have access to numerous tools and technical support documentation that can increase self-sufficiency and productivity by allowing you to research software features and compatibility, identify and track bugs, and receive customized analyses of show command output. These tools and features include:
Productivity Tools and Software Support
- Cisco Live-A powerful suite of Internet-enabled tools with firewall-friendly features; these secure, encrypted Java applets can turn a simple phone call into an interactive collaboration session, allowing you and your Cisco TAC engineer to work together more effectively
- Software Advisor-This single, convenient interface helps you to resolve the common TAC service request question, "What software do I need?"
- Database resources-Providing details of new Cisco products and Cisco IOS Software
- Interactive software management tools-Providing information on patches and error notifications
- IP Calculator-Assists with the assignment of IP addresses
- Internet commerce tools-Enable you to purchase Cisco products and service programs, check order status and price, and configure products
- Peer-to-peer online forums-Extends your access to peers in your industry and allows you to have technical discussions with engineers (many with CCIE certification)
Automated Troubleshooting Tools and Support
- Cisco TAC Case Collection-Interactively identifies and troubleshoots common hardware, configuration, and performance issues
- Software Bug Toolkit-Make informed decisions about which specific software version to use. Sign up to receive proactive bug notifications, based on your network profile, that will inform you of software bugs that could impact your network
- Product Alert Tool-Set up a profile to receive e-mail updates about reliability, safety, network security, and end-of-sale issues for the Cisco products you specify
Cisco TAC engineers are among the best in the industry. Expertly trained engineering teams are ready to respond to your specific hardware or Cisco system software problems via the Web, e-mail, or telephone. The Cisco TAC has a sophisticated call routing system that quickly routes you to the correct technology personnel for:
- Expert assistance-To complement your in-house resources, Cisco TAC employs a highly skilled staff that offers you years of networking experience-more than 1000 customer support engineers on staff, 390 CCIE certified professionals, and access to 13,000 research and development engineers.
- Faster resolution-Cisco TAC provides constant measurement of customer satisfaction and time-to-resolution tracking. Cisco TAC resolves more than 300,000 customer issues per month.
- A high level of knowledge-Cisco TAC offers expertise in numerous networking environments (voice, video, and data communications) and technologies (access, Cisco IP telephony, LAN switching, optical networking, security solutions, content delivery networking, SANs, and wireless).
- Worldwide availability-24 hours a day, 365 days a year in multiple languages-by e-mail or telephone, Cisco support is there when you need it.
- The powerful Cisco virtual lab, equipped with all Cisco devices and Cisco IOS Software versions, provides an engineering resource and knowledge base for training, product information, and recreation and testing of selected network problems.
Advance Hardware Replacement
To help maintain network availability, Cisco can expedite delivery of replacement hardware supporting your risk mitigation plans. Choose from a range of response times to address your needs (Table 1).
Table 1 Cisco SMARTnet and Cisco SMARTnet Onsite Advance Replacement of Hardware and Onsite Field Engineer Delivery Goals
|24x7x2 *1||Advance replacement parts, with or without a field engineer, are delivered within 2 hours of determining that part replacement is required (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) *2.|
|24x7x4 *2||Advance replacement parts, with or without a field engineer, are delivered within 4 hours of determining that part replacement is required (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) *2.|
|8x5x4||Advance replacement parts, with or without a field engineer, are delivered within 4 hours of determining that part replacement is required during the standard work week (8 hours a day, 5 days a week) *2.|
|Next Business Day (NBD)||Advance replacement parts, with or without a field engineer, are delivered the next business day between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. (provided the request is received before 3 p.m. local depot time) *2 *4.|
*1 Service is available only if your distance from a parts depot or authorised Cisco service location is within 25 driving miles in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and select countries in Europe, South America, and Asia. To determine if this service is available for your location, see the Cisco Service Availability matrix at:
*2 Certain limitations may apply for heavy or oversized equipment.
*3 Service is available only if your distance from a parts depot or authorized Cisco service location is within the following limits: in the United States, within 100 driving miles; in Europe and Canada, within 120 driving kilometers; in Australia, New Zealand, and select countries in Latin America and Asia, within 75 driving kilometers. To determine if this service is available for your location, see the Cisco Service Availability matrix at:
*4 Holidays observed by Cisco are excluded. Cutoff times can vary by region. Please verify the cutoff time with your Cisco Service Account Manager.