Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200rpm SATA 3Gb/s 2MB Hard Disk Drive - WD1600AAJS
Cool, quiet operation, superior performance and industry-leading reliability make these SATA drives ideal for desktop, business, and consumer electronics storage.
- Model Number: WD1600AAJS
- Capacity: 160GB
- Speed: 7200 rpm
- Cache: 8MB
- Interface: SATA 3Gb/s (300MB/sec) NCQ
- Fast - 8 MB cache - Keeps more of your data in high-speed memory for unsurpassed performance in its class. Fast 7200 RPM spindle speed and next-generation SATA 3 Gb/s interface. For even higher performance, consider WD Caviar SE16 SATA 3 Gb/s hard drives.
- Cool - Cool operation results in the highest reliability, even in intensely hot environments such as digital video recorders. That's why these, the coolest on the market, are the drives of choice for the world's leading consumer electronics and PC manufacturers.
- Quiet - The technology that Tom's Hardware Guide called "very fast and nearly silent" is used throughout this family of drives. Our WhisperDrive technology minimizes noise to levels near the threshold of human hearing. To cut seek noise, SoftSeek technology streamlines read/write seeking algorithms, resulting in more efficient operation.
- High-performance family and business computing. These drives easily handle photo editing and data-intensive multimedia applications. For even higher performance, consider WD Caviar SE16 SATA hard drives.
- How this WD hard drive protects your data
- Data Lifeguard is an exclusive set of data protection features, including shock protection, an environmental protection system and real-time embedded error detection and repair. WD's Data Lifeguard technology automatically finds, isolates, and repairs problems that may develop over the life of a hard drive.
- Data Lifeguard Tools are software utilities designed for WD hard drives that work with the embedded Data Lifeguard features to make hard drive installation,diagnostics and repair both simple and worry-free. (Download Data Lifeguard Tools)
- ShockGuard instantaneously protects the hard drive against damage from bumps and vibrations while it is running. This technology enables WD Caviar drives to achieve industry-leading shock specifications.