The Netgear RND4210 ReadyNAS NV+ was designed specifically for home offices, small businesses and workgroups. Never before has there been available a cost-conscience Network Attached Storage (NAS) appliance packed with robust high-end server features, including Gigabit Ethernet, hardware RAID, system monitoring capabilities and built-in backup. ReadyNAS couples out of the box deployment and easy management with robust file serving and data redundancy.
Easy Deployment and Management
With an easy web browser interface and setup wizard, RND4210 ReadyNAS can be configured with minimal effort - saving you valuable time. Traditional file servers can take hours to configure and, even once up and running, don't have built-in system monitoring and email alerts. Available with ReadyNAS, automatic alerts give you the peace of mind that things are running smoothly because if trouble should arise, you will be notified.
Complete Data Protection
You already know how important it is to backup your pictures, digital media and business files, but the truth is, you need it to be easy as well as bullet-proof. RND4210 ReadyNAS was built to facilitate your backup strategy.
Supporting hardware accelerated RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) levels 0, 1, 5 and ReadyNAS's own X-RAID technology, ReadyNAS ensures full data redundancy with protection against hardware failure - something previously only available in high end servers. If one drive fails, the data volumes can still be rebuilt with the remaining drives. Without RAID, once a failure occurs, you risk losing all of the data stored on the drive.
Netgear RND4210 ReadyNAS's Patent Pending X-RAID technology automates the volume expansion for you as you scale from 1 HDD to 4 HDD. Most NAS devices on the market aren't future-proof. You can't add or replace disks for larger capacity. ReadyNAS allows you to start with one disk, then add the additional drives over time, without reconfiguring the system and shuffling the data. Additionally, as disk capacity becomes larger and cheaper, you can replace all four disks, one-by-one, while X-RAID automatically manages the RAID details for you.
A sound backup strategy is important and relying on manually copying your important files is tedious and error-prone. With the help of EMC Retrospect backup and recovery software, you can set automatic backups of all of your network clients - whether they are Windows, Mac or Linux - to your RND4210 ReadyNAS. Additionally, ReadyNAS includes an integrated backup manager that enables one-button backup from your NAS appliance to external USB HDD for offsite rotation, or to remote servers, if needed.
File Serving and Media Streaming
Netgear RND4210 ReadyNAS is a single centralized source for all of your digital data. The variety of digital devices and hard drives that currently house the data in your home and office can make locating a particular file quite arduous. ReadyNAS can bring all of that data together for fast and easy file serving to multiple clients simultaneously. If it's video or other high-definition media you are working with, you can use your ReadyNAS for streaming to multiple devices at the same time.
Advanced System Design
The industrial design and ultra compact form factor of the ReadyNAS makes it perfect for any home office or small business. Standing only 8 inches tall and 5 inches wide, it can fit in any entertainment center or on any desk without taking up much space or making much noise. ReadyNAS also offers low power consumption and a special energy-saving mode that allows you to automate startup and shutdown.
- Custom ReadyNAS microprocessor offers high performance with low power consumption
- Power saving mode with additional scheduled startup and shutdown
- Automatic online firmware updates
- LCD status panel
Netgear RND4210 ReadyNAS - KEY FEATURES
- Serve Files Easily
- Backup Data Effortlessly
- Stream Music & Video Quickly
- Share Printers Painlessly
- Works with Windows, Mac, and Linux
Netgear RND4210 ReadyNAS - APPLICATIONS
- Perfect NAS for Small Office and Home Office
- 2x 1000GB (1TB) hot-swap SATA HDD, swap out drives on the fly without powering down the unit
- Hardware accelerated RAID (0,1,5 and X-RAID) for better file transfer performance
- X-RAID Technology - Automated RAID Management with Volume Expansion. Scale easily from 1-4 disks and beyond
- Gigabit Ethernet Interface with native support for Windows, Macintosh and Linux/Unix Clients (CIFS/SMB, AFP, NFS) as well as FTP and HTTP support
- Built-in system monitoring with SNMP and email alerts
- Web browser interface and setup wizard to get the NAS configured quickly
- Bundled 5-Client EMC Retrospect backup and recovery software for Windows and Macintosh
- ReadyNAS Integrated backup manager that enables one-button backup from your NAS appliance to attached USB HDD, or to remote servers
- Intelligent monitoring of battery backup devices
- Ideal Home Media Server
- High throughput performance supports multiple HD content streams
- Built-in iTunes Server
- UPnP AV support for a wide variety of Digital Media Adapters (Such as NETGEAR EVA8000 and EVA700 or XBOX360)
- Unique firmware Plug-in architecture facilitates 3rd party software enhancements
- Ultra compact form factor - ONLY 8 inches tall and 6 inches wide
- Temperature sensitive, variable speed fan insures low noise footprint